Home » Posts tagged 'steal like an artist'
Tag Archives: steal like an artist
Here is today’s agenda:
“Writing for the web means that you are part of an information ecology.” —The Web Writing Style Guide
Ideally, you will have decided on your topic for the blog/website and long-form webtext projects and are ready to take the next step of defining your audience and figuring out how to reach them. Our agenda for today is designed to help you move forward in this way.
- Mini Quiz!!! You may use the texts for this, but you only have five minutes, so if you didn’t read, you’re screwed. 🙂 Go to Canvas and complete the WTL #3 Quiz in the ‘Discussions‘ section of our class page:
- Write down two pieces of advice from Alex Reid’s Why Blog? that you liked.
- Now write down one thing you may have learned from the Introduction (and/or Writing in the Genres of the Web) of Writing Spaces.
- Review of the design plan and blog/website project requirements (questions?)
- Discuss the reading via our quiz answers
- Set up our WordPress accounts and go through the basics of setting up your blog/website. Here is a great tutorial on how to get started.
- Organize partners and groups for the tech presentation assignment
- Finish the Design Plan assignment and submit it to Canvas in the ‘Assignments’ section. We will walk through the submission process in class if you want to wait to submit it then.
- Read: Fortini, O Pioneer Woman!
- Read: Writing Spaces–Writing in the Genres of the Web
- Create a URL and blog name for your new WordPress blog (see #4 above for more info.–due Thursday, Sept. 8).
- Choose the type of app/program you wish to present with your partner and add it to the class schedule (see #5 above).