For the next two days we will utilize the class time to workshop your Long-Form project proposal. Much of this workshop and project proposal can later be revised into your designer’s statement.
Let’s start by reviewing the guidelines of the assignment.
After reviewing the assignment, begin by brainstorming ideas of what may work for your particular purpose, context, and audience. Open up a Word document and write down some of your ideas.
Keep in mind that your decision should also reflect and compliment the stated choices in your design plan from earlier this semester.
Once you are done brainstorming your ideas, please complete the below proposal questions and timeline. Complete it in a Word document and then copy and paste it into the associated Discussion section in Canvas. Here is what you should cover in your proposal:
- What is your purpose for the Long-Form project?
- Who is your audience for the project?
- What is the best way to reach the audience of your project? (mediums and modes)
- Are there any special contextual concerns you may need to be aware of? If so, what:
- timing/Kairos, place the audience will encounter the project, occasion, genre conventions, etc.
- What rhetorical strategies will you attempt to use?
- What design strategies will you use?
- Draft a timeline for your final project.
- Review your answers above and create a strategy to complete the project.Make a list of all the steps you think you will need to complete. Next to each step estimate how much time you will need for each. Finally, write down a date by which you will complete each step. Remember, Long-Form drafts are due Tuesday, Nov. 29 and final projects are due Thursday, Dec. 8.
Once your proposal and timeline are complete, review a partner’s proposal and timeline and provide any recommendations, advice, resources, and other ideas that will help your partner make this project a success. This peer-review can be submitted as a reply to the proposal in Canvas. Be sure to take into consideration your partner’s recommendations and comment on what you think will be helpful as a revision to your proposal (maybe as a reply to the reply–a threaded conversation reply).
Due Thursday, Oct. 27 by midnight in Canvas.
Homework (for Thursday):
Read: “The Rhetoric of Remix”
Read and watch “Video Editing and Design Tips“
Tech Presentation #8: Virtual Reality (for Thursday, Oct. 27)
Continue to work on the Long-Form Proposal, Timeline, and Workshop (due Thursday by midnight)
Blog Post #7